Let’s face it: there is a tremendous amount of pressure applied to women on their wedding day. But it doesn’t need to be so stressful! Keep reading for helpful bridal makeup and skincare tips so you can fully enjoy the moment and relish your time in the spotlight as the radiant bride.
Skincare Tips: Start Early & Eat Well
One of the best skincare tips is to establish a simple routine at least six months before your wedding day. Use this time to try out new products and see what works best for your skin. Also, make sure to drink plenty of water and get more than enough rest leading up to the big day. Constant hydration and rest will leave your skin feeling clean and establish a great base for you to work off of.
Diet also plays a huge role in the way your skin looks and feels. Glamour recommends consuming citrus, tea and dark chocolate can help you achieve firm, soft skin.
- Citrus supports the liver and kidneys, which contribute to healthy skin.
- Drinking a cup of tea a day leaves skin cells hydrated and can do wonders for the complexion.
- If you are craving something sweet, snack on some dark chocolate! It is full of tasty antioxidants that will help protect your skin.
Bridal Makeup Tips: Get Comfortable & Take Your Time
Find a bridal makeup artist you feel comfortable with. As Allure explains, you’ll need to:
- Consult a few different makeup artists early on. You want to make sure you feel at ease with them.
- Find someone who is willing to work with you and your style. Don’t be afraid to move on if you don’t get a good feeling from any artist you consult with.
- Plan ahead. Book an appointment at least six months before your wedding day, and then schedule an additional trial two months before it. That way you will know exactly what you can expect the day of the wedding.
- Find makeup that will last all day long. Weddings are typically exceptionally long events. You’ll need bridal makeup that can stay put through the ceremony and photos, as well as the entire reception.
- Plan extra time to apply your bridal makeup. However much time you think you might need, plan an extra 30 minutes into your schedule to make sure everything is perfect.
- Plan ahead by packing an emergency kit. Include things like cotton balls, lip gloss, extra blush, translucent powder and tissues, and have a trusted bridesmaid stash it in her clutch.
Get Help with Your Bridal Makeup
If you are looking for a makeup artist you can trust, look no further! Our specialists use our own makeup products that are guaranteed to last all day, so you are always going to be photo-ready. Explore our bridal makeup packages to find the best one for you.